In 2011, fjol GmbH emerged as a spin-off from the ZNU – Center for Sustainable Corporate Leadership at the private University Witten/Herdecke. The combination of science and industry offers our customers a special blend of the latest scientific findings and high practical relevance. Our ten-strong team based in Münster offers a wide range of knowledge on the subject of sustainability and lives up to our motto „implement sustainability in a sustainable way“.
fjol GmbH was founded by the two ZNU institute heads, Dr. Axel Kölle and Dr. Christian Geßner, who have been successfully researching, teaching and consulting on the subject of sustainability in the FMCG industry for more than 15 years. In 2016, Dr. Michael Raß joined them as executive partner and strengthened the practical orientation of fjol GmbH with his many years of entrepreneurial expertise.
fjol has the goal to support organizations in the development and implementation of medium to long-term strategies using the “sustainable management” approach and to promote the dynamic learning process leading to sustainability within the company.
Where does the name fjol come from and what does it mean?
“Sustainable management” means gradually taking on more responsibility for people and the environment at company and product levels – from the company’s own facilities through the value-added chain to society as a whole. This is a continuous and a dynamic process, symbolized by the infinity symbol with the colors of the three pillars of sustainability: social, environmental and economic.
Since the future belongs to our children and we want to leave them a good and clean world, the fjol founders Dr. Kölle and Dr. Gessner formed the name f j o l from the initials of their children.
Our core competencies are:
- The development of tailored, holistic and long-term sustainability strategies and monitoring of their effectiveness,
- The operational implementation of sustainability strategies (introduction of a sustainability management system) with or without sustainability certification,
- Measurement of ecological and social sustainability, environmental impact of facilities, environmental impact of product, LCAs, climate and resource management, sustainable packaging and water management,
- The training and coaching support for your organizational development (in-house training, leadership coaching, empowerment of the individual sustainability ambassadors, etc.) and the
- Corresponding communication measures (sustainability reporting, stakeholder engagement).
Download our fjol flyer
Our flyer is available here to download: